What i do
Risk Management Services
I am John Harvey Murray. I offer risk management services, including data protection, cyber security and liability claims handling to clients in the public, private and third sectors as well as to individuals, helping them save time and stress as well as money. My services can usually be paid for out of the savings generated.
WHAT IS RISK MANAGEMENT ?
Simply the management of risk. As life is full of risks, we all manage them: sometimes consciously, sometimes not; sometimes well, sometimes badly. What I am offering is a planned, deliberate approach, resulting in written evidence of how each of your risks is managed.
WHAT IT IS NOT:
- Health and Safety
- A Quick Fix
- A New Idea
WHAT ARE THE MAIN CLASSES OF RISK?
It is important that risks of every kind are managed. This is a list of some of the categories of risk you may encounter.
- Property Risks – Fire, Storm, Theft, Accidental Damage.
- People Risks – Injury, Disease, Stress, Dismissal, Bullying, Discrimination.
- Financial Risks – Investments and Money-Management, Fraud.
- Environmental Risks.
- Cyber Risks – Loss or Misuse of IT, Data Protection, Social Media.
- Reputational Risks – Bad Publicity, Libel and Slander.
- Business Risks – Loss of Sales, Runaway Costs, Bad Strategic Decisions.
- Regulatory Risks – Failure to Comply with Requirements.
- Business Continuity Risks – Events Affecting Your Ability to Remain in Business.
- Liability Risks – Claims Against You or Your Business for Injuries, Losses, or Damage for Which You are Held Responsible.
WHAT IS THE COST OF RISK MANAGEMENT?
The real question is “What is the cost of Risk?”
How much is it costing you NOW?
The cost of Risk includes:
- Health & Safety
- Quality Control
- Certain elements of HR
- Uninsured losses
- Risk Management Fees
The real aim is to minimise the TOTAL cost of all the above. My fees, or anyone’s, are always a tiny proportion ot this total.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RISK MANAGEMENT AND HOW DOES IT PAY FOR ITSELF?
- Reduces the Chance of Incurring Catastrophic Losses
- Controls Recurring Losses
- Improves Efficiency and Profitability
- Increases Confidence
- Reduces Stress on Managers and Staff
- Reduces Insurance Premiums
- Helps Win Tenders
- Helps Obtain Loans and Grants